Award-winning, Two-time Grammy-nominated Music Educator, Songwriting Adviser for the Taylor Swift Education Center, Fourteen-Year Berklee College Songwriting Coach and one of the Leading Songwriting Instructors in America is returning to Seattle! He is here to impart some of his professional wisdom in an intimate and action-packed songwriting workshop.
10am-12pm: SONGWRITER’S BOOT CAMP
ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME—HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Chorus Core Workout: Learn to compose memorable choruses in fifteen minutes or less.
- Verse and Bridge Sculpting: Learn a simple and ever-reliable framework for composing vibrant verses that heighten your song’s emotional arc.
- Music and Lyric Cross-Training: Elevate your song by quickly identifying and exploiting unique nuances within your lyrics, melodies and chord alliance.
Noon-1:30pm: BREAK FOR LUNCH (Not included)
2pm-5pm: CUSTOM SHOP / MASTERCLASS
- Overhaul, augment and embellish your melodies, chords, lyrics and performance. This session can accommodate SEVEN SONG submissions, but everybody is welcome to register; you will learn so much in this segment, even if you don’t enter a song. Come and hear Shane’s constructive, inspiring feedback in real time while working with songwriters of all ages!
- In order for your song to be selected for this segment, please submit your song now to email@example.com. If chosen, you will be invited to play your song for Shane and the attendees, and to receive his expert feedback. Whether your song is chosen or not, this is an incredible opportunity to gain invaluable songwriting insight.
5pm-6:30pm: BREAK FOR DINNER (Not included)
7pm-9pm: Concert (free event)
- Join us for our finale: an intimate concert. Some of the participants from the day’s classes will be chosen to perform, and Shane himself will perform! A beautiful grand piano will be provided by Classic Pianos of Bellevue. Note: Guitarists welcome, too! You don’t need to be a pianist to join us!